If you’re looking to remodel your kitchen, add onto your home or even replace your existing structure with a brand new house, you’re going to need a demolition contractor. Sure, we’ve all seen those YouTube videos with three guys and a sledge hammer. But, while that makes for sometimes good entertainment, there’s a lot more involved in good, safe demolition that just tearing down some drywall. That’s where an experienced, professional demolition contractor like Next Day Demolition can help.
Professional Demolition In Sterling Virginia
When you hire a professional demolition contractor, you are getting much, much than a team with sledge hammers. Just a few of the things you can expect from your contractor include:
- Proper permits for local government. Virtually all cities, villages and townships require that you obtain the necessary permits before any demolition work begins. Without these pieces of paper, you could face a stiff penalty and your construction job could even be halted indefinitely.
- Recycling. As much as 90 percent of the building materials in the section of your house that’s being torn down can be reused or recycled. A good demolition team knows where to take scrap metal and plastics as well as find new homes for quality architectural details like moulding, leaded glass windows, door hardware and floor boards.
- Hazardous material handling. You may not have asbestos in your home, but you probably have things like light bulbs that need to removed and disposed of by hand, so that none of the hazardous material in them leaks into the landfill.
- Identifying necessary utility lines. Another crucial part of any demolition project is identifying and marking where the gas, water, sewer and underground electrical lines are located. In addition, your demolition crew will make sure that your service is disconnected prior to the demolition.
- Safety. A skilled professional demolition team knows how to tear down the necessary portion of your home, without damaging a load bearing wall or any other part of the house. In addition, a good crew takes all of the necessary steps to contain the mess and keep the area safe for you and your pets after the job is completed.
- Haul away. With a professional demolition crew, you don’t have to worry about renting a dumpster or whether that is against your housing association bylaws. The contractor will haul away any debris that can’t be recycled and either return the area to a safe, flat surface or prepare it for the next step in the construction process.
- Licensed and bonded. Of course, any professional demolition crew you hire should be licensed, bonded and have the necessary liability insurance. Occasionally, accidents happen, even with the most experienced crew. Hiring a licensed, bonded and well-insured crew means that you won’t have to pay the price for any accidents or mistakes.
When you consider all that is included in professional demolition, such services actually seem a bargain. To learn more about demolition contractors in Sterling, Virginia, contact Next Day Demolition